Arsenal transfer news: Gunners beat Manchester United to signing of Sunderland wonderkid Sam Greenwood - FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 2018

Breaking News


Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Arsenal transfer news: Gunners beat Manchester United to signing of Sunderland wonderkid Sam Greenwood

Arsenal have pipped Manchester United to the signing of Sunderland wonderkid Sam Greenwood.

The 16-year-old, regarded as the shining light of the Black Cats academy, announced the move on his Instagram page.

Instagram Photo

United were known admirers of the striker, who grabbed six goals and six assists for Sunderland’s Under-18s last season.

However, Greenwood has instead signed a scholarship contract with the Gunners and will agree professional terms when he turns 17 in January.

He said: “Today is the start of a new chapter in my life signing for Arsenal and I can’t wait to get started, I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead.

“Leaving Sunderland after 10 years, the club I love and support was a very hard decision.

“I have met some special people along the way, big thanks to Sunderland and all coaches past and present for everything they have done for me.

“I will never forget my roots.”

Arsenal confirmed the signing of Uruguay midfielder Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria yesterday and have already landed Stephan Lichtsteiner, Bernd Leno and Sokratis Papastathopoulos this summer.



from Football - news, transfers, fixtures, scores, pictures https://ift.tt/2m5FMX4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages