Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius appears to be insulted by Tranmere Rovers player after mistake in pre-season friendly - FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 2018

Breaking News


Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius appears to be insulted by Tranmere Rovers player after mistake in pre-season friendly

Loris Karius had another night to forget in a Liverpool shirt.

The Reds were playing a pre-season friendly against Tranmere at Prenton Park when the goalkeeper, who made two costly errors against Real Madrid in the Champions League final, spilled an Oliver Norburn free-kick into the path of Jonny Smith, allowing the debutant to slide the rebound past him.

It was the game’s biggest talking point and nobody was impressed, not even the Kopites on the pitch, which included Rovers’ forward Ben Tollitt.

You don’t need a lip reader to see what the 23-year-old shouted during his team’s celebrations.

In the clip above, Tollitt appears to mouth ‘you’re f***ing s**t’ in Karius’ direction. It’s no doubt something many other passionate supporters feel.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo before the friendly, the die hard Red was talked about how much he was looking forward to playing against his beloved Liverpool.

“I’ve been a massive fan all my life. I grew up in Anfield, I still live there now, and you can see the ground from my house, you can hear the songs being sung before the games, and my family have got season tickets, so it will be amazing if I can get some minutes,” he said.

“It was unbelievable watching them last season, I loved it, and I believe we’re very, very close to being a very, very good team and winning trophies.

“Three years ago I was fitting windows with my dad so to go from that to playing against Liverpool, who are mine and his childhood heroes, will be a bit surreal, but hopefully it will be good.”

Liverpool had led 3-0 at half-time through goals from Rafael Camacho, Sheyi Ojo and Adam Lallana, making his first appearance of pre-season.

Afterwards, manager Jurgen Klopp said: “Mistakes will happen. I don’t like it, you don’t like it, he doesn’t like it but they do happen so let’s carry on and make the best of all these situations to learn from it.”



from Football - news, transfers, fixtures, scores, pictures https://ift.tt/2L3hrPR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages